Liquor Insurance for Restaurants & Bars in MA

Establishments who serve alcohol, should think about investing in a Liquor Liability Insurance policy; these policies will help cover you financially if one of your patrons damages property, or injures themselves or someone else, after drunkenly leaving your restaurant/bar.

Let’s give you an example where you, as the business owner, can be sued for a patron’s drunken mistake: a customer leaves your place after drinking a few too many drinks, instead of getting into a cab they decide to drive. While driving the strike and kill a pedestrian. Now the driver will be arrested and probably face manslaughter charges. But the family of the victim can sue you for over-serving the driver.

If you have Liquor Liability Insurance, your legal fees will be covered, if you don’t, however, you will be paying out of pocket!

Most states require or recommend establishments who sell liquor to invest in these policies!

For more information, or to get started on a policy, please feel free to give Walsh Insurance a call at 978-745-3300. We are looking forward to helping you find a great policy that will cover you financially.